Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 2001:
[Freeciv] Metropolis-patch

To: freeciv <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Metropolis-patch
From: Michael Hasselmann <michael.hasselmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 01:45:58 +0100

Hi folks,
I asked somebody for helping me out with this little patch. Although it
took me some time to "convince" him (he nearly got me to learn C, but
now he's got my three hottest phone numbers ;-) he finally agreed to
include the <metrobonus>. You surely remember my brother, as he created
some graphics for the freeciv project, but then...Anyway, the patch is
easy to install, easy to use and I hope it's the key to some new winning
strategies. So go test it and say what you think about it. It is used as
a server command:

"Option: metrobonus  -  Production and trade bonus for bigger cities
  Metropolis bonus: As bigger cities grow as more professional they will
  practice trade and production. Specify the procentual bonus per city
size
  cities should receive: x = x0 * (1 + city.size * metrobonus/100).
Invented
  as protection against "Small Pox City" strategists.
value: 0, minimum: 0, default: 0, maximum: 200"

With the value at 10 it means you have 10% more trade and production
output per city size.

See the "How to contribute"-section
(http://www.freeciv.org/contribute.html) if you need help patching your
civserver

Have fun, Michael Hasselmann

PS: "freeciv-1.11.4-metrobonus-de.po.tar.gz"(177kb) can be found in the
incoming area of the freeciv ftp server
(ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/).