Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Hi

To: Niklas Håkansson <niklas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Hi
From: Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 13:51:33 -0800

I found that you may be able to circumvent waiting for a DNS cache timeout
by doing this:
dig meta.freeciv.org (www, ftp, and cvs as well)
  Note the time left (e.g 22h13m59s)
dig freeciv.freeciv.org
  Hopefully this will pull a new address for it since everything is CNAMEd to
it.
dig meta.freeciv.org
  See if it is now fixed.

This will only work if no one has used freeciv.freeciv.org in the last
week on your nameserver.

But, this should also work:
civclient -m http://64.37.156.69/metaserver/
or