Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: September 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Win98 loading difficulty

To: Dewbaacca@xxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Win98 loading difficulty
From: Erik Sigra <freeciv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 21:57:52 +0200

Dewbaacca@xxxxxxx wrote:

>  Ok I'm sure this is a simple thing that is eluding me but for two weeks now
> I have been seaching for the answer and I now turn to this forum that I can't
> find anywhere but archives. The server will not respond to -f or --file
> commands. Thus it has proven impossible to rrrestart a game once the server
> has shut down. plz help me. I have played for hours only to have to start a
> new game when the next oppertunity arises to play.

Do you mean you can't start the server with a command like
"civserver -f <savegame>" at a DOS prompt? If you haven't tried that,
and only tried to give commands like "-f <savegame>" at the server
prompt, then that is the problem.

> I also am introducing the wonders of civ addiction to a friend and soon will
> be playing multiplayer so any info on how to lead him to my ip with freeciv
> is appreciated. I accept E-mailed solutions at Dewbaacca@xxxxxxx or at least
> send the address to the active site that I have posted to please. Thanks

When you start the client you get a dialog where you can type in the
name of the server you want to connect to.