Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Downloading

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Downloading
From: Nathan David Gundlach <dagchess@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 17:49:38 -0400

ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/packages/windows/freeciv-1.11.0-win.zip

Download this file. Then use Aladdin StuffitExpander or a similar
program (PowerArchiver 2000 is by far the best I've ever seen) to unzip
it. This version is slow if you don't have a modern quantity of RAM, but
the other requires an X-server. (It is just on your computer.) This part
can be difficult, so the above option is probably best for you. The one
you downloaded is probably just the source code if it ends with .tar.gz.