Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: civserver problems

To: Laurent_Ioualalen@xxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: civserver problems
From: Pallav Nawani <pallav99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 01:57:14 +0530 (IST)

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 Laurent_Ioualalen@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with the civserver. I have downloaded the latest released
> of freeciv, compiled and installed it without problem.
> I can launch the civclient, which ask me for the civserver...
> I'm running mandrake version 6.1 with KDE, but I have no network, but I left
> in the kernel most of the networking protocol and drivers, but may be some
> are missing.
> Do you have any idea on how solve the problem?
>
> Thank you for your help,
>
> Regards,
>
> Laurent

If you have compiled the civclient, you should also have compiled
the civserver. Just look in your freeciv directory for a script
named 'ser' running it will run the server. Or, alternatively, look
for a directory named server. Within that directory you will find
the 'civserver'. You will have to run the server first, and then the
client.

There is a file having help on how to play in the freeciv directory.

Pallav

Anthony's Law of Force : Don't Force it, Get a bigger Hammer.
Pallav Nawani        |    Visit me at                              |
F-46,                |  http://www.angelfire.com/co/pallav         |
PIN 560012           |                                             |
Phone : 3092625      |                                             |