Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2000:
[Freeciv] T-shirt fun

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] T-shirt fun
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:36:01 -0300

I wasn't very excited with making a t-shirt from a map, but
then I decided to try, and... wow. :-)

It's europe and north of Africa, from earth-160x90-v2.sav, in a
game between 6 AIs (was 5, but one suffered a civil war). Only
4 appear on the shot, but there are different city stiles,
which is what I wanted, and the flags are quite distinct.

On top of that, I pasted the text from the banner on
www.freeciv.org because I like the way it looks. Then I found
out which font is that, and that I could have written it myself
(thus fixing the old "cause" quarrel). I will, for the final
version. And I played with colors to make it look good on the
map. I think the final result is quite impressive.

If you want to check it out, it's at
http://terra.fill.com.br/lalo/pix/hnr/provas/ - it's the
closest to "finished" t-shirt we have, thanks to a sleepless
night ;-) Oh, the image is quite, hmm, huge. I made a thumbnail
of a manageable size, if you just want to have an idea of how
it will look.

And if you want to download the big one and print your own
t-shirts (or even other stuff), go for it, all our images will
have a X-like license (in short, just don't remove our message
with our URLs, and the URL for whatever project the image is
about - in this case, www.freeciv.org - and we're fine).

Now on to the shirt color. I have the impression that this
thing will look awful in white. :-(

Perhaps the deep blue from Trident's oceans, or black (and
apply the "unknown tile" pattern to the whole border). Hmm, I
like this idea.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://www.webcom.com/lalo           mailto:lalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                 pgp key in the personal page

Debian GNU/Linux            ---            http://www.debian.org
Brazil of Darkness        ---       http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar