Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2000:
[Freeciv] OT: FUD (Re: Re: Freeciv goals)

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] OT: FUD (Re: Re: Freeciv goals)
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 14:43:26 -0300

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 04:26:12PM +0100, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:

> The best OO language is C.
> Fastest, most flexible, widest known, with best compilers.

Please don't go there. C is *NOT* OO, it is *NOT* flexible (for
OO), and code that emulates OO (like GTK+) is always ugly and
convoluted. Compilers for, say, C++ or Ada, are as good as C
nowadays (specially in the case of C++, as they are mostly the
SAME compilers used for C).

Not that I necessarily agree that what we're talking about here
can't be done without OO.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----