Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Questions Irrigation

Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Questions Irrigation
From: Steven Burnap <sburnaplinux@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 00:46:49 +0000

½²«íµØ wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> Would like to find out how Civ1/2 behave:
> 1. When a city is destroyed, leave roads/railroads but not irrigation.

Civ1/2 leaves the irrigation as well.

> 2. Lets you irrigate from sea instead of just rivers.

Civ1/2 does this.

> 3. Lets you irrigate from a city.

Civ1/2 does not allow this unless the square is otherwise next to a river or
sea square.  (The city square itself is automatically in the "irrigated" state,
IIRC.

> 4. Lets you mine a city tile without losing irrigation bonus.

Civ1/2 does not allow this.

> 5. Lets you farm only after you discover Refrigeration.

For the "special" farm (forget the name right now), you must have Refrigeration.

> 6. If there's anything else I missed out.

Civ1/2 had some quirks in that if you irrigate square A, and then square B, and
then lose irrigation in square A for some reason, square B does not lose its
irrigation even if it is not next to a river/sea square.

(BTW: I've got Civ II installed on another box if anyone wants me to check
anything.)

Steve