Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 1999:
[Freeciv] Re: 1.9.0 compilation breaks on meta.c

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: 1.9.0 compilation breaks on meta.c
From: "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 02:23:01 -0600

David Pfitzner wrote:

> Bobby D. Bryant wrote:
>
> > ./configure
>
> And what was the output?  Particularly with respect to
> header files?  My guess is that you are missing (or configure
> cannot find) some system header files, eg sys/types.h,
> sys/socket.h, maybe others.

Configure wasn't finding my sys/socket.h, which is in
/usr/include/sys/socket.h, plus several occurences under
/usr/src/linux/include/*/socket.h (*='asm*', or 'linux').

> What system are you on?  If Linux, do you have installed kernel
> sources in /usr/src/linux, or at least the kernel headers?

Red Hat 6.0.  I do have kernel sources.  I've upgraded to 2.2.10-ac12,
but my /usr/src/linux link seems to be pointing to it OK.

> Or some other problem with system/compiler headers...

I've done some piecewise upgrades over the last 6 months, so maybe I've
just gotten things out of whack.

Would it help if I posted my config log?

Bobby