Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 1999:
[Freeciv] Re: Meta

To: cr9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Meta
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 01:12:35 +0200

> > How do you play a game on the meta server, I just can't seem to figure
> > out how to join or start up a game, could anyone help?

THe meta server is not a civserver.

> After reading the help files some more it seems that I need to change the
> envirment setting of Http_proxy,  but I can't find anywhere where it
> tells you how to do this, im not much good at using Unix systems so I
> could easily be something simple but I just don't know.

The distribution has a README (http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/README)
to explain all this, and the FAQ ((http://www.freeciv.org/faq/faq.html)
has some more information.

Are you still using 1.7.2?  How did you miss the references to this
information?  If you can tell us, maybe it can be fixed.

--
Reinier Post