Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: September 1999:
Re: [Freeciv] Problems!

To: rdd73216@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] Problems!
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 00:41:52 +0200

> I run the server and setup up te game correctly.
> But when I run the client, a dialogue box appears asking me for the host and
> port.
> I don't know what do put here.

The host your server is running on; presumably, your own, which is
'localhost', the default value.

> The host name I pust the one that is in /etc/host

/etc/hosts, I suppose.  That will work, too, if your network
is configured properly.

> But what about the port?

The default, 5555.

> I have tryied many things, but I get the message "Network Unreachable"

It looks like your network isn't configured properly.
They are difficult to solve without knowing more about your system.
Read the manual, or relevant HOWTOs/FAQs, to find out how to set it up,
if you are your system's own administrator.  The 'localhost' name, which
refers to the 'loopback interface', is supposed to work even on a
non-networked Unix system.

--
Reinier