Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 1999:
[Freeciv] civserver won't work

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] civserver won't work
From: Ben Paley <rambhai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 00:38:16 +0100

Hello,
    I'd be really grateful if you could take the time to help me with
this. I'm a Linux Newbie, and when I click on civserver (in Kde) nothing
happens. When I run it in a shell (Konsole) I get this error message:
0: bind failed: Address already in use
    Well, I've only just installed everything (again, 'cos like I said,
I'm new and I keep messing things up) and this was the very first thing
I did, so it's nothing I've done.
    I'm using Mandrake 6.0
    Thanks a lot for your trouble,
    Cheers,