Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 1999:
RE: [Freeciv] i must pose a query

To: "'m b'" <apollo_the_archer@xxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Freeciv] i must pose a query
From: "Todd Goodman" <tsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 20:57:35 -0400

You can ignore the getpwuid() failure messages for the WIN port
(I'll look into those sometime).

X-win32 is reported to work so maybe you could give us some more
information about your problem?

I usually:

1.) Ensure my X server is running
2.) Start the civserver
3.) Type 'set aifill=5' (or however many players you want total)
4.) Start the civclient and connect to localhost
5.) Look back on the server window to make sure the client connected OK
6.) Type 's' on the server window to start the game