Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Observer

To: Blind Message: ;
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Observer
From: Michael Mielke <michael@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 12:28:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Reinier Post wrote:

> Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 18:23:55 +0200
> From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
> To: michael@xxxxxxxxx
> Cc: Freeciv users <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Observer
>
> > Not for your opponents, say, lets just say that a newbie wants to learn
> > how to play by watching more experienced people play it.  There should be
> > an observer port.  The feature would show the whole map, all the moves of
> > all the players and learn from there.
>
> Create an extra player at startup, disband all units in the first turn,
> wait one more turn, voila.
>
> --
> Reinier

I don't think that that is not what I meant.  I meant for someone actually
being able to connect to the server while the game is running, to watch.
Someone should be able to see what each of the players have and are making
and NOT allowed to tell anyone what they have.

|\  /| ICHAEL  http://dave.mielke.cc/~michael   Bill Gates does not make
| \/ | IELKE   If you have any other comments   Microsoft Windows, Bill
|    | just email me @ michael@xxxxxxxxx        Gates makes Crashing Windows
        Drug Users are Snug Losers, Money Drainers are Honey Wasters