Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 1999:
[Freeciv] dedicated server possible?

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] dedicated server possible?
From: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 17:44:17 -0400

I am interested in running a dedicated freeciv server.  It looks
_almost_ possible.  I think all I need is

o a way to auto-start a game (once a certain number of players is
reached, for example)
o a way to auto-reset the server once the game is complete

Features that would be nice are:
o by toggling one setting, let players take over an AI at any point in
the game, and have the AI take over if the player leaves at any point in
the game
o let players vote on whether to end the game early or not

It's a great game!

        Jeff

--
One of the most overlooked advantages to computers is...  If they do
foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little.