Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 1999:
Re: [Freeciv] [Q] html interface

To: kota@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv users)
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] [Q] html interface
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 09:42:34 +0200

  Hello Andrey,

> Is there a daemon, which can configure server (add AI, set some options
> & etc)
> and start game + save results, restart game and etc throught web
> interface?

Not yet.  Several initiatives have been taken to provide a GUI interface
for launching games and the topic recurs frequently on the list.  I haven't
personally tried

  ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/contrib/tools/launch-1998-aug-23.tar.gz

but if you want to try it and do a review, please do.  We need a good FAQ
entry for this question.

--
Reinier Post                                             rp@xxxxxxxxxx