Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 1999:
Re: [Freeciv] Announcing games

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv users)
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] Announcing games
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 21:05:36 +0200

> How about announcing games on a special page? This would make it easier
> for newbies to get into a game. Even experienced players would benefit.
> They would not need to play with total newcomers. I would be happy to
> create and maintain it if there is any need...

I agree.  But we already have

  + the metaserver (a special page, maintained automatically)
  + an announcement board on www.freeciv.org
  + #freeciv on IRCnet

The metaserver is effective.  The announcement board is intended for
advance announcement but it is only a recent addition; does anybody use it?

--
Reinier