Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 1999:
[Freeciv] Freeciv website has moved - normality restored!!

Cc: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>, Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Freeciv website has moved - normality restored!!
From: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 17:50:29 +1000

Hello,

By now, you will have read Nicolas' mail, and known that we
have been moving the Freeciv website to a new host.

This move is now complete, and we believe that all services are
now up and running, and MUCH faster than before.  In short:

  - The Web site (http://www.freeciv.org) is operational.

  - The FTP site (ftp://ftp.freeciv.org) is operational.

  - CVS access (both anonymous and developer access) is
    operational at cvs.freeciv.org (Slight name change, but
    old settings will still work).

  - The freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx and freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
    mailing lists are operational.

  - Overnight scripts for snapshots, diffs and change logs
    are operational.

  - DNS servers have been updated, and while not yet
    final, will work correctly 100% of the time.

Since we believe we've fixed the problems, if you _still_
have any sort of problem, please let us know as soon as possible.

Also, during the last few weeks, you may have used "funny"
addresses to get these services.  Now that everything is
working again, it's a good time to check and update your
bookmarks, etc.  (The pages and directories on the old site
have been replaced with pointers to the new site).

The changeover was really a team effort, and would not have
gone so smoothly had we not had such dedicated people.  Thanks guys!!

My special thanks go to Paul Zastoupil for arranging the new host,
and Tracy Reed for hosting us over the past year.

Regards,

Mitch.
--
| mailto:mjd@xxxxxxxxxx       | Not the official view of: |