Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 1999:
[Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Pre1.8.0 version

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Pre1.8.0 version
From: Per Mathisen <permath@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 11:33:21 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Nicolas Brunel wrote:
>      Many things has been done in the last two months.
> With David, we have decided to release version 1.8.0 of
> freeciv. This week, we release pre1.8.0 version.
> You can find archives at ftp://www.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv.
> This version is for testing. We invitate you to stop coding
> and become bug hunters. Next sunday, if all works fine,
> we will release official version 1.8.0.

Did a little digging into my freeciv-bugs archive, and from my
recollection, the following bugs have not been fixed yet:

 - ship accidentially attack enemy cities while doing goto
   somewhere else
 - Apollo program bug displays cities that no longer exist
   (conclusion: Apollo should make all squares be seen?)
 - segfault on bad $DISPLAY variable
 - submarine visibility bug

I think the goto and DISPLAY bugs should be fixed before a new release,
otherwise things look good.

Yours,
Per