Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 1999:
[Freeciv] New .deb's (with xaw3d version)

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] New .deb's (with xaw3d version)
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 01:45:02 -0200

I just uploaded new .deb's of FreeCiv (1.7.2-4). They feature a
new debian build proccess (using a tool named "debhelper" which
makes the build safer and more portable) and a freeciv-xaw3d
binary.

"civ" is now an alternative (system-managed symlink) and
not a script. If you install the "freeciv" package and type
"civ" it will work - assuming you don't have any xaw variant, or
if you have, you must use xaw-wrappers >= 0.25. This version of
xaw-wrappers is new (uploaded today too) and it's the only one
that fixes the bug with wrapped alternatives (if you try with an
older xaw-wrappers it will segfault because it doesn't realise
civ = civclient). Anyway this only affects people used to typing
"civ", if you call it from the menu it should work even with
older versions of xaw-wrappers.

And if you install freeciv-xaw3d and then run "civ" you will get
the xaw3d client, courtesy of alternatives. Yes I know,
debian/rules. :-)

The new build system will be in CVS tomorrow. I need to do some
changes to build.debian to allow for people who don't want to
build the freeciv-xaw3d package.

The files are (for now) at http://master.debian.org/~lalo/freeciv/
and will soon be in any Debian mirror in the unstable (potato)
distribution; you can get a list of mirrors at
http://www.debian.org/Packages/unstable/games/freeciv (by
following the link "Download page"). The same as always. :-)

Cheers (not the stupid TV show),
                                               |alo
                                               +----
                 Resistance is futile.