Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 1999:
[Freeciv] diagonal roads

To: Freeciv List <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] diagonal roads
From: "Andrew E. Schulman" <andrex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 10:39:47 -0500

Thanks to whoever posted the patch to show diagonal road connections--
sorry but I can't remember right now who it was.  This is a nice
improvement.

However: as someone already pointed out, the new roads now stand out more
than the railroads, and to my eye they seem to stand out too much overall.
I think this is partly because of the light-colored shading on the upper
left of the new road lines.  Would it be possible to deemphasize the roads
a little bit (by removing the shading?), and possibly also make the
railroads a little more prominent?

Another drawback of the new roads is that they're all straight.  I liked
the wiggliness of the old roads.  Would it be too hard to make a full set
of road lines including diagonals, but that are still wiggly?  Maybe by
modifying the old road set?  (Of course, I'm not doing the work here so
this is only a suggestion or request.)

Andrew.

Andrew E. Schulman
Biometry and Field Studies Branch
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
7550 Wisconsin Ave. Room 7C08
Bethesda, MD 20892-9135
(301) 496-4795
(301) 496-3444 fax