Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 1998:
[Freeciv] Spamming on the lists

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Spamming on the lists
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 13:43:24 -0600

Hello,

There has recently been spamming on the lists.  Complete.org/freeciv.org has
vigorous anti-spam measures in the mail server.  Unfortunately, those
messages were forwarded from the old list host, midsun, which thwarts the
anti-spam measures in complete.org.  I can't really do much about it unless
we're ready to stop the forwarding from midsun.

I have made sure to remove those messages from the list archives.  Nothing's
more annoying than finding spam when searching archives.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

John