Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 1998:
Re: [Freeciv] Global Warming

To: David Huggins-Daines <bn711@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] Global Warming
From: Tobias Brox <tobiasb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 19:46:30 +0100 (MET)

> I try to keep my territory as free of pollution as possible, and I
> typically rank near the "bottom" on the "Pollution" rating in the
> demographics (which I assume is good, not bad?).

1th place => least pollution

Recycling plants, mass transit and hydro/nuclear plants (prefferably
Hower Dam) helps a lot

> Should I simply try to do a better job of conquering my enemies and
> building Recycling Plants in all their cities?

It's certainly a problem when playing with a lot of badder players who
won't even cooperate. That's pretty much the case in real life, also. The
effort by an individuals is absolutely irrelevant, as long as the major
polluters won't cooperate.