Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 1998:
[Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Plans for the future

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv users)
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Plans for the future
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 13:51:47 +0100

Mitch, thanks for the Imakefile patch.

[I wrote]
> > Yes.  Specifying the libxpm path causes the test for XOpenDisplay() to fail,
> > the link command has a problem with order (it tries -lX11 -L/usr/openwin,
> > which doesn't find libX11).  I don't know how to fix it myself.
>
> Thanks for that.

Mirar, I will take a look at it *again* and see if I can make any progress.
If others report success on Solaris, I suppose the problem is me :)

> > A savefile directory cleaner is attached (small patch since last
> > version).  Submitted for inclusion into the distribution, if anybody
> > but me sees the need.
>
> I've put this in the utility pack.

One problem: Peter Schaefer has announced a change to the timescale.
This program doesn't keep up with such changes automatically; one that's
based on the Freeciv lib would.

> > It appears to
> > cause some (unidentified) problems with the coloring of enemy units.
>
> This sounds like a candidate for 1.7.3, if there are problems.

Massimo couldn't reproduce them so I'm not 100% sure whether or not it's
his patch that's causing the problems.  BTW this was on Linux Redhat 4.2.

--
Reinier Post                                             rp@xxxxxxxxxx