Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv] Civil War

To: iquin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx, kris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] Civil War
From: Kris Bubendorfer <Kris.Bubendorfer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 09:53:40 +1300

> Hello List,
>
>       I am not sure if this is feasible in a multi-
> player game. Unlike AIs, a human player would probably
> quit the game seeing half his strength lost in a single
> turn.
>       Please leave an option to disable it if this
> got implemented.
>
> Thank You,
> I.Q.

There is an option.  Just set the minimum city number (the size of an empire
(in cities) before a civil war can occur) to max.  Personally I think it adds
spice to have the threat of a human player spliting - It gives you an incentive
to protect your empire.

Besides, if you lose you lose.  Isn't that the objective of the game, someone
quits the game for this reason, then I'd consider them a loser.
--

Cheers Kris...