Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 1998:
[Freeciv] .sav file cleanup script

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv users)
Subject: [Freeciv] .sav file cleanup script
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 14:38:30 +0100

The 'saveturns' option in civserver is of limited use.  Attached is
a Perl script I use to clean out my .sav files.  The command

  civgame-clean -10

deletes all civgame-*.sav files in the current directory, except

  + the one with the latest modification date
  + the ones that would have been saved with saveturns set to 10

It's even possible to run civserver with saveturns set to 1 while the
script cleans up automatically.  For instructions, use

  civgame-clean -h

--
Reinier Post                                             rp@xxxxxxxxxx