Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 1998:
[Freeciv] Solaris compiling problems (was: getpwuid)

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv users)
Subject: [Freeciv] Solaris compiling problems (was: getpwuid)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 11:49:34 +0100

> I looked at the getpwuid problem, because I had the same problem when
> compiling
> screen - getpwuid failed on SGI if using -lsun
>
> With freeciv, my link line looks like this:
> -lnls -lnsl -lsocket -lXpm -lXaw -lXmu -lXt -lSM -lICE -lXext -lX11    -lSM
> -lICE
> what works is:
> -lnls -lXpm -lXaw -lXmu -lXt -lXext -lX11 -lSM -lICE
>
> that is, without nsl it works. socket doesn't resolve symbols.

Hm.  On my Solaris box, ./configure still doesn't work,
and with xmkmf, I manually have to add

  -ldl -lintl

to the civclient linking step before it compiles.

So it doesn't compile 'out of the tarball'.  Also, the latest CVS version
I tried seems to require gcc (instead of Sun /opt/SUNWspro/cc).
If I knew of a simple remedy I'd include it, but I think it's something
to look at before 1.8 comes out.  (If it isn't already.)

--
Reinier