Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-java: December 2001:
[FreeCiv-Java] XPM versus PNG

Subject: [FreeCiv-Java] XPM versus PNG
From: Artur Biesiadowski <abies@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 14:43:49 +0100

I was trying to run jfreeciv client yesterday, but it turned out that data I have downloaded with win32 client is in png format and jfreeciv understands only xpm.

I know that there were some historical reasons, for from 1.3+, java itself understands gif,jpg,png and xpm. It is possible to support all these 4 formats using same code. How much work would it be to convert current loaders to use default java image toolkit ?

Artur