Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-java: December 2001:
[FreeCiv-Java] Data and PO Changes

To: freeciv-java@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FreeCiv-Java] Data and PO Changes
From: Brian Duff <BRIAN.DUFF@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 16:06:28 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

The size of the jfreeciv CVS module has increased a bit...

Someone suggested a while back (on this list I think) that the data and po files should be loaded from inside the classpath. I've now changed the code to support this, so now a snapshot of the data and po files from 1.12.0 is also in our repository.

The nice result of this is that now jfreeciv is a self-contained executable JAR: No more fiddling around with the freeciv.datadir system property; just double click the JAR file and go... :) If your system locale is non-English, you'll also notice that the translations are now working for strings that are using Localize and which we have translations for.

You can still override the data files using the freeciv.datadir system property: the paths in this system property, if defined, will be searched first before the classpath.

Let me know if there are any problems as a result of the changes.

Thanks,
Brian