Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-java: November 2001:
[FreeCiv-Java] Hello

To: Freeciv Java Client <freeciv-java@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [FreeCiv-Java] Hello
From: Gregor Zeitlinger <zeitling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 01:29:10 +0100 (CET)

I'm new to this mailing list. Do you have a webite. I didn't find
anything. On freeciv-dev some where suggesting to switch to C++ or Java
for 2.0, so I thought I'd take a look here.

I also discovered ObjectivCiv, Freeciv in C++, but apparently there's
nothing going on there. In particular, I found a discussion there about
using Java as well (from last year though)

- ability to do really powerful things with rulesets - including extending
classes on the fly, embedding scripting languages directly into core etc.

Artur Biesiadowski
abies@xxxxxxxxx

That really sounds appealing. Does it work?

--
Gregor Zeitlinger
gregor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx