Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-java: November 1998:
[FreeCiv-Java] Re: the java files

To: freeciv-java@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FreeCiv-Java] Re: the java files
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03 Nov 1998 16:32:00 -0600

Hi,

I took a look at the code.  Looks good.  One minor nit:

The FreeCiv revision and version compatibility string really should
not be in freeciv.Client.

I'll go ahead and integrate this with my existing codebase.

I understand this was a unique circumstance, so what I'm going to say
below applies to future stuff only.

When there's a patch, please send it to freeciv-java@xxxxxxxxxxx.
Please send a diff only.  This can be generated like this.

1. Download the pristine latest sources from software.complete.org
2. Unpack.  Starting with 0.005, the directory unpacked in the tar,gz
   will include the version number of the release.
3. Make a copy of this directory (cp -r will do nicely).  Make your
   actual changes in your new directory.

Then, make the diff like this:

(be in the parent of both)

diff -d -u -r civclient-java-0.005 civclient-java-0.005.new > difffile

Then mail difffile to freeciv-java@xxxxxxxxxxx.

This way, we have a permanent record of the diffs people supply, and
it makes it easy to integrate them into the source.

I am still working on CVS.  I am a little leery of pserver due to
security risks and how my CVSROOT is currently set up.  The code
eventually does go into my own CVS area.  I'll try to get a good thing
eventually, but for the moment the snapshot tar.gz's will have to do.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
Visit the Air Capital Linux Users Group on the web at http://www.aclug.org