Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-i18n: May 2006:
[freeciv-i18n] Freeciv's level of internationalization

To: freeciv-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-i18n] Freeciv's level of internationalization
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <markstedt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 18:55:56 +0900

With the recent additions of Chinese and Arabic localizations, Freeciv now
supports nine of the twelve largest (natively spoken) languages in the
world: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish,
and Portuguese. We're "missing" Hindi, Bengali, and Punjabi - all Indic
languages. Please tell your Indian friends about Freeciv! ;-)
Counting all languages supported, this time second language included as
well, we reach roughly 3.5 billion of the world's 6.5 billion people.

Not bad. :-)

My source is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers

-Daniel