Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-i18n: November 2002:
[freeciv-i18n] Re: webpage's default charset

To: freeciv-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-i18n] Re: webpage's default charset
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 18:21:38 +0100

  Dear Katsuya,

> hello.
> After update apache server, there is a problem about encoding of sending
> webpage.
>
> for example,
> When I tried to visit http://www.freeciv.org/ja/irc.html,
> I coudn't read the page's Japanese in mozilla 1.0.0, because
> mozilla's language auto-detection is not work as I want.

The page

  http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=16641

says an AddDefaultCharset directive can be used.
The docs

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html

say that AddDefaultCharset can be used within .htaccess.

I have tried it for http://www.freeciv.org/~rp/ and it does change
the character set.

Can you let us know if this is a good solution for the Japanese site?

Thank you.

--
Reinier