Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-i18n: October 2002:
[freeciv-i18n] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Fuzzy translations

To: Freeciv Developers ML <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv i18n ML <freeciv-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-i18n] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Fuzzy translations
From: Davide Pagnin <nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08 Oct 2002 16:34:13 +0200

On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 13:45, Christian Knoke wrote:

> With the new msgfmt thing, fuzzy translations seem not
> to be included in the program (any more).
>
> Wasn't this the case before?
> (There are so few fuzzy translations in de.po that I can't tell)

AFAIK this is the usual behavior.

Anyway, at the moment, no modification to msgfmt parameter are included
into CVS, and I've made trial with fuzzy entries, both with -c and
without -c parameter, in both cases the fuzzy entry isn't translated.

I think that this is the correct behavior, because gettext can't rely on
fuzzy translations (which can have mismatched number or type of
parameters), nevertheless, the translation work isn't lost, so it will
be easy for each translator to fix fuzzy entries generated by, say, a
make update-po.