Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: We need your help!

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: We need your help!
From: Andreas Engel <mail@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 15:35:23 +0200

Am Freitag, 28. Juli 2006 22:00 schrieb Per Inge Mathisen:
> Most of the Freeciv maintainers are quite busy at the moment. This causes
> delays for the 2.1 release, which has been stuck at beta1 for a long time
> now.
>
> But you can help! Take a look at the 2.1 release meta-ticket, at
> http://rt.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=12957 , and see if there are
> any known bugs for 2.1 missing there, or if some are fixed, or best of
> all, write fixes for any of them.
>
>   - Per

i would like to help out, but don't have a lot of time to spend. marriage &
house planing needs a fair share of attention, so please don't expect to much
in near future.

just got svn head runing in kdevelop. tried to catch a effective entrypoint,
but that's not easy. some of the refering tickets look more like art related
but already have some sort of diffs attached. the tickets look like already
solved but not closed. whats the point on them? missing svn-commiters? or are
there still disussions needed wether these results are commonly accepted or
not?

since i'm more related to java programming a direct jump into c hacking seems
not very effective to me. would have liked to stay on the documentation
front.
for starting c programming i would like to have some building lots without the
need for a wider architectural overview.
some sort of cleaning up (commiting already solved tickets and close them or
describe whats left to do) i should be also able to do if thats prefered.

maybe anyone of you can give a hint? any suggestions on how to start?

regards
andreas engel, germany