Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#18635) Macedonian

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#18635) Macedonian
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <markstedt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:15:12 -0700

On 7/17/06, Guest <rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > [dmarks - Sun Jul 16 07:31:14 2006]:
> >
> > Nation rulesets for six unused flags:
> > Macedonian (the modern state)
> > All rulesets by me.
>
> Please save the macedonian ruleset for the ancient nation
> of Philipus and Alexander (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedon ).
> If you want to include the modern country use something like
> macedonia_(modern) or Macedonia_FYROM (the UN name of the country).
>
> regards,
> Nikos

That would just look incredibly ugly. I've been thinking we could call an
ancient nation Macedon/Macedons from the name of the kingdom.

BTW, I once made an ancient Macedonian nation but it
was deemed superfluous since they are partially represented in the
Greek nation with Alexander/Alexandria.
(see http://rt.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=14096)

--Daniel