Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#18520) [Patch] Remove find_boat()

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#18520) [Patch] Remove find_boat()
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <cazfi74@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:11:44 -0700

Marko Lindqvist wrote:

>   This converts last user of find_boat() to use aiferry_find_boat()
> instead. find_boat() is removed.

  aiferry_find_boat() gives wildly different results from find_boat(). I
do believe that aiferry_find_boat() works better here, so I still plan
to commit this patch.
  I believe that results differ mainly because aiferry code maintains
reservation system which find_ferry() ignores. That is, find_ferry() can
return already reserved ferry. It also checks only if tile where ferry
originally is, has free transportation capacity. It doesn't check if
this particular ferry has free capacity, possibly returning already
fully loaded ferry.

  - ML