Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11382) Data: Byzantine nation

To: n.mavrogiannopoulos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, nmav@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11382) Data: Byzantine nation
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <markstedt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 06:53:30 -0700

I'm reopening this ticket because I'd like to revise the Byzantine city
list.

In its current form, we have a mix of more or less modern Greek and
Latin forms of the cities in question. It's Freeciv policy to give
leader and city names in their native language - when it comes to the
Byzantines, Classical Greek is IMHO the closest we can come.

With this patch city names are given in roughly 'Attic Greek'
orthography without accents, as they appear in this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_traditional_Greek_place_names

English equivalents given in comment.

--Daniel