Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#18382) RFE: CMA II

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#18382) RFE: CMA II
From: "Kevin Benton" <s1kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 11:54:23 -0700

I'd really like to see some of the city management change as follows:

The CMA does a reasonably good job of figuring out what I want if I
actively manage CMA's based on size.  For example, when a city is < size
4, I use a Max Food setting.  From size 4-8, I typically incorporate a
balance of food/production emphasizing food first, production second,
and trade third.  After size 8, I usually balance food and production,
then after size 12, I usually go back to something like what I had in
the 4-8 range, but place greater value on production and trade.  When a
city is smaller than 4, I don't care if it produces trade or not.  After
that, I want my cities to always produce at least one trade.

In other words, I'd like to be able to have a more advanced method of
configuring the CMA so that it's size sensitive.

There are also times when I want to wipe out a city I just took over by
max producing settlers and selling off all improvements, disbanding when
the city produces its last settler.  It would be helpful if I had the
ability to let the CMA sell-off improvements automatically so I didn't
have to do it manually each turn.

One more feature for "CMA II" - it would be extremely helpful if I could
set conditions for when to auto-buy a settler unit, both in growth and
deconstruction modes.  In both modes, I would want to be able to set
minimum "after-effect" values of buying the unit.  In growth, I would
want to make sure that I would have at least x gold in my coffers, and
that I was still able to produce a net y food, z gold, ...  If all these
conditions are met considering CMA II rules knowing that the settler
would take up m food, n production, CivClient would (optionally) pop-up
a box asking the user if he/she wanted to expedite the settler
production.  I believe this would help tremendously speed up game play
because it would help users to grow faster and spend less time switching
screens attempting to maximize certain types of production.