Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Amphibious movement

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Amphibious movement
From: Marko Lindqvist <cazfi74@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 14:39:17 +0300

Now dev version reads unit classes from ruleset. This allows one to define very crude approximation of amphibious movement.

[unitclass_amphibious]
name        = "Amphibious"
move_type   = "Heli"
hp_loss_pct = 0
flags       = "TerrainSpeed", "DamageSlows"

move_type "Heli" still contains hardcoded rules that are not so good for this use. If someone tries this, please let me know what are the most problematic rules. Another move_type that can travel any terrain type is "Air", but I think it has even worse rules for amphibious class.

 - ML