Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#18237) ai.ruleset

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#18237) ai.ruleset
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 05:40:26 -0700

  AI code has lots of constant factors that make it work well under
default rules, but badly if some critical rule is changed. It does not
scale well rulewise.
  To make AI code scale well to different rulesets is almost impossible
with our manpower and such an AI would be quite CPU hog.
  Instead I would like to handle some of the scaling work to ruleset
authors. I'd like to introduce ai.ruleset, which contains some of the AI
parameters.
  Additional advantage of such ruleset would be that users could change
AI behaviour even if rules otherwise stay. Those wanting largepox AI
would set city founder want lower and building want higher.

  Oh, since it does not contain actual rules, ai.ruleset might be bad
name. How about ai.parameters instead?

  - ML