Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nation: Euskadi

To: metakrtx@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nation: Euskadi
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <markstedt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 22:25:54 +0900

Hi Álvaro,

Good job on the nation! It might have the longest city list yet. ;)

I'm the nations maintainer and will make sure your nation is included in the default ruleset when it meets our quality standards:

1. First off the name. Neither 'Euskadi' nor 'Vascos' is AFAIK not English. I'd like to simply go with 'Basque' and 'Basques'. Translators will then make the appropriate translation into their language - 'Euskadi' would be the natural choice as a translation in a (potential) Basque localization of Freeciv!

2. Grouping. Your nation has AFAIK no recorded ancient (as in at least 2000 years old) ruler dynasty, nor is it a modern sovereign state. It should be "Medieval" and "European" only.

3. Legend. English translation please! You can submit your original to the Spanish translator if you want to.

4. Ruler titles. Please provide English equivalents of these titles as gettext comments. This way translators can decide whether they want to translate them or leave them as they are. I'd like to make this a new policy for nations that define non-English titles.

5. Conflicts. French and Spanish I can understand, as the Basque country is currently split between these two modern nations. But why "Catalan" and "Galician"?

6. City list. Needs some cleaning up! Several city names ends in a superfluous blank space.

7. Flag. Please provide an SVG flag. It should have 3:2 ratio. There are (at least) two available from OCAL that might work with a few adjustments: http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/navigate/signs_and_symbols/flags/europe/spain

Regards,

-Daniel