Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#16829) 2.1.0b1 Pop-up windows appear in place of messa

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#16829) 2.1.0b1 Pop-up windows appear in place of messages
From: "Kevin Benton" <s1kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 14:42:24 -0700

The bug report: Client crashed in under ten turns.  Explorer found two
cities, then ran into an opponent.

I hate to say this, but I don't think this software is beta quality.
Before I even got through ten turns of a game, before I even began
recording my actions while still configuring the UI, civclient crashed.
 I think what really needs to happen is we need a utility that can test
the client UI through a reasonable set of pre-configured steps like
against a server in test mode designed to exercise the client.