Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#16768) some bugs in 2.1 beta1

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#16768) some bugs in 2.1 beta1
From: "Ove Peter" <ovepeter@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:57:00 -0700

Hi,

I have some problems with the 2.1 beta1 using Linux and GTK2 client.

1) Often after reloading the game, workers are not anymore in city tiles
like before (I hope this is understandable). So e.g. before I had some
on production tiles, and after reloading they are in food tiles. I don't
use governors.

2) Sometimes, after playing for a longer time, sound becomes very
distorted. Only restarting the client fixed this for me.

3) Right-Clicking on research boxes sometimes crashes the application
with a memory fault error notice. This is not reproducable, the only
reproducable bug is when I rightclick on Theology or select it from the
civilopedia.

Here's some output of the crashes:

pete@subspace:~ $ civclient
Speicherzugriffsfehler
pete@subspace:~ $ civclient
Ungültiger Maschinenbefehl
pete@subspace:~ $ civclient
pete@subspace:~ $ civclient

GLib-GObject-ERROR **: file gtype.c: line 1084 (type_data_ref_Wm):
assertion failed: (node->data->common.ref_count > 0)
aborting...
Abgebrochen
pete@subspace:~ $ civclient
Speicherzugriffsfehler

4) Not a bug, but rather a suggestion: I very much like the new tileset,
but farmland and irrigation look very similar.

Thanks for the great game!
Ove