Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#16410) Re: Re: New nation Spanish second Republic

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#16410) Re: Re: New nation Spanish second Republic
From: "miguel.farah@xxxxxxxxx" <miguel.farah@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 07:54:18 -0700

On 4/12/06, Daniel Markstedt <himasaram@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2006-04-11, at 17.21, miguel.farah@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > On 4/10/06, ignaciovicario@xxxxxxxxxx <ignaciovicario@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Dear developers,
> >>
> >> I have uploaded to ftp://upload.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/ a
> >> new
> >> nation. It is a file called spanish_second_republic.tar.gz I have
> >> made it
> >> from 2.1.0-beta1 version of the game.
> >>
> >> It is a variant made from the Spanish nation, but with the flag and
> >> the
> >> rulers of the Spanish 2nd Republic (1931-1939).
> >
> > I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have separate nations rulesets for
> > what's the same country, with a different government. Should there be,
> > say, a French kingdom ruleset, a French Empire ruleset, a French Fifth
> > Republic (to say nothing of the previous four)? Also, it kinda looks
> > odd to have a Spanish Republic *kingdom*.
> >

> I see nothing wrong with this kind of nation. It should probably not go
> into SVN though. But as a custom nation for those who wants to play
> with this flag, it's great!
>
> > That said, Manuel Azaña *should* be added to the leader list in the
> > spanish.ruleset file.
> >

> Attached patch replaces Mortadelo with Azaña. I agree that comic book
> characters shouldn't be here.

The patch is fine, BUT... I'd put Azaña before Franco, like this:

[...]
  "Carlos III",
  "Manuel Azaña,
  "Francisco Franco"
[...]

This is because the leaders in the ruleset are listed in chronological order,
and Azaña was president before Franco became head of state himself.

--
Miguel Farah
miguel@xxxxxxxx