Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#15644) Renaissance city style

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#15644) Renaissance city style
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 22:22:11 -0700

I'm still not happy with how the renaissance city style works and am
opening this ticket again: Since no tilesets has graphics for
renaissance, it always defaults to industrial upon the discovery of
university which is IMHO too early.

Researching old commits shows that it was added to support Civ2 style
citizen graphics which has separate renaissance citizen graphics. Our
small.png only has one citizen style so I doubt this is widely used in
Freeciv and isn't IMO worth supporting in the default ruleset.

This patch removes renaissance from default/cities.ruleset and adds a
cities.ruleset to civ2/ with the city style intact - for those who want
to emulate Civ2 as closely as possible.

-Daniel