Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#16307) FreeCiv freezes when using custom nations

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#16307) FreeCiv freezes when using custom nations
From: "jamie.q@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <jamie.q@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 16:36:27 -0700

On FreeCiv 2.1.0 beta1 (win32), when I use a custom nation (by listing
it in nations.ruleset), and run the program and try to click on "Start
new game", the program freezes, meaning I have to exit the client by
alt-tab and right-clicking on the taskbar to close the program.

However, on FreeCiv 2.0.8, it's less severe, as the client momentarily
opens the server panel, then returns me back to the main menu. In
addition, if I remove the listing from the file, the game works normally.