Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] nationgroup qualifier [Re: (PR#14449) Citystyle names shou

To: himasaram@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] nationgroup qualifier [Re: (PR#14449) Citystyle names should use Q_() macro]
From: "Egor Vyscrebentsov" <evyscr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 07:04:30 -0700

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 03:45:51 -0700
Christian Knoke <chrisk AT cknoke.de> wrote:

> It looks to me that the ?nationgroup qualifiers in data/*/nations.ruleset
> are sufficient to provide optimal translations. This is (obviously) because
> the
> ?nationgroup qualified strings are used at the right places - and not the
> group names in nation/*.ruleset.
>
> Though it is not necessary to add ?nationgroup qualifiers in the
> nation/*.rulesets.

Very good

> Still, the group names there are marked for translation, leading to double
> entries in freeciv.pot.
>
> The attached diff removes the _() functions ans spares the unqualified group
> names from the po files.
>
> This works, as it seems, quite well without using the Qn_() macro here.

Even if it will not work fully properly for now, I think, we should find a
way to make this working: it is much, much better to have one place for
translation.

> But maybe someone can doublecheck this.

I'll try to make this today|tomorrow

PS I am requesting i18n queue in RT now :)

PPS Is there any policy on such translating-related things?

--
Thanks, evyscr