Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#16250) Beta1: Orders Menue

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#16250) Beta1: Orders Menue
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 05:50:19 -0700

Beta1 2.1 GTK2 and others

The orders menue in the GTK2 client misses some keyboard shortcuts. As you
know, the shortcuts are different from the key commands that can be entered
in the main map, but there are good reasons not to make them *too* different
from these (mainly mnemonic reasons).

Now, some shortcuts are missing for orders that can be otherwise accessed by
Shift-<Letter> commands (but not for Unload Transporter, shift-U).

What I do not know is, how these interfere/work with other clients, esp.
WIN32. The po file give me the impression that there are no menue shortcuts
for win32. Is this correct? Or how can these be defined (by translators)?

Also, there are 2 'Go to' items in the orders menue, one of them giving a
submenue with only 1 item, the other being the usual GOTO command. In each
line, there is a 'G' indicating *key command*; the first one is not correct.
Also, I think, in the menue, these two Go To items should/could be unified
into one (with a submenue) so, that G key command is still working as usual
in all clients.

Some menue items can be selected for a unit, while it is clear that the
command can't be given: Upgrade Unit for up-to-date units, Goto+build city
for non-settlers.

Last but not least, the help for Controls need to be updated for the Y,
Shift-G, Control-U, and Ctrl-Shift-B commands. For the latter, I can send a
patch.

Christian