Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#16209) crashing saved games

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#16209) crashing saved games
From: "moorgun nash" <moorgun2000@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 09:40:52 -0800

Hello, this seems to be a topic often mentioned.  2.0.2 Freeciv has a toggle
option which seems a little odd.  It states "when this is set to 1 AI will turn
on at disconnect."  I presume this is so people who abandon or stop playing a
game will not leave other players hanging.  I do not play on-line, just me
connected to me, playing all AI opponents.  What is odd is that there is no
number select option involved, although the number 1 is mentioned, there is
instead a "blacken the space" means of toggling.  I make this observation
because I too have my character switched to AI mode and can't get control over
the game again.  Also, the peculiar statement COMMAND ACCESS LEVEL HACK WE HAVE
CONTROL OF THE SERVER appears.  This is sort of bold, and I don't really mind
if people want to watch Freeciv geniuses like myself play, but why all the
drama?

  Anyway, does someone have a bug fix?  Can I go into the program and just
knock down the whole toggle mode deal?  I'm better at games than programming.